Free Speech Apparel exists to support freedom of expression and individual sovereignty for all. The well meaning Individuals who make up free speech apparel want to foster conversation and useful communication between individuals that allows them to examine their ideas and polish their beliefs. To that end we have created a set of questions, lists, statements and references that we believe will provide you with a diving board into the waters of conversation, which may initially be chilly, but are teeming with life and wisdom.
Words Are Powerful. Wear Them Wisely.
Our goal is to conduct ourselves as a well meaning individual in each and every interaction with other individuals. To that end we have developed beliefs we will use to Level Up our Speech.
We the well-meaning individuals of FreeSpeechLand Believe:
1. We believe the most important foundational element of a successful civilization and successful relationships is freedom of expression and individual sovereignty.
2. We believe that conversations in person are better than ones conducted electronically.
3. We believe that open-mindedness is better than an extensive vocabulary.
4. We believe that using the fewest words necessary to communicate your opinions is best.
5. We believe that it is ok to disagree with someone.
6. We believe that familial ties and personal friendships based on compatible personalities and shared experiences are stronger than political positions.
7. We believe that societies, organizations and indeed even personal relationships are stronger as a group of individuals with agreements and disagreements than a mob with unanimous agreement across all issues.
8. We believe a sense of humor is a necessary bulwark against the finitude of the human condition.
9. We believe that the ideas and beliefs of well meaning individuals will be constantly examined and exploredby that individual and that conversation is the best way to do that.
10. We believe that disagreements can be discussed without trying to change the other persons mind, and that well meaning individuals acting in a good faith manner will internalize what is said and it will adjust their viewpoint accordingly without proselytizing.
11. We believe that discussions are better with drinks, regardless of the whether the drink is refreshing or stimulating or intoxicating.
12. We believe this list may grow and change and EXCEPT NUMBER ONE.
13. We believe that well meaning individuals may disagree on social or economic or political issues without seeking to censor the other.
14. We believe that facts are more valid than feelings, but that doesn't mean feelings are to be dismissed.
15. We believe individuals should lead with their ideas and not their identity.
16. We believe that grievances are more important than agreements.
17. We believe that regardless of Ethnicity IQ, Culture, Sexuality, Gender, Wage, or Nationality that their is specific wisdom, experience, and pleasure to be provided by an interaction with every individual and that that fact makes every individual worth interacting with.
18. We believe the divine and the transcendant resides in the individual and not the collective.
19. We believe labeling individuals instead of addressing their ideas is lazy, boring, and dull and will eventually lead to dangerous consequences.
20. We believe that logical fallacies and cognitive dissonance must be identified and addressed immediately once recognized before proceeding in any conversation between well meaning individuals.
21. We believe many disagreements come from differing definitions of the same terms used by well meaning individuals.
22. We believe that free speech ends and hate speech begins at threats of physical violence or inciting others to commit violence against individuals or groups.
23. We believe verbal assault is an oxymoron.
24. We believe that if you wouldn't say it to a persons face then you shouldn't type it in a comment.
25. We believe conversations are a two way interaction. Well meaning individuals engaged in open conversation will actively provide openings for other individuals to contribute to the conversation.
26. We believe humor should be used as often as possible but not as a way to deflect from addressing an important point or issue.
27. We believe being intentionally vague is cowardly and deceitful.
28. We believe accents are awesome and should be fully appreciated.
29. We believe that well meaning individuals will self-examine following a disagreement with other well meaning individuals.
30. We believe that changing ones mind is a sign of growth not weakness.
31. We believe the definition of freedom of Expression is set forth in the first amendment of the constitution of the United States. While it is neither the origin of free speech or final word on the matter it is the quintessential definition we recognize.
Whether or not you believe as we do we welcome you to Freespeechland.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
© 2019 Free Speech Apparel.
Free Speech Apparel, Inc.’s policy is to endorse the concept of free speech and open voluntary commerce between parties, and implements this endorsement in a practical way by providing this digital platform. Please note however, the sale of an item on this platform is not nor should be construed as an endorsement by Free Speech Apparel, Inc. of the concepts, statements, actions or beliefs of the seller or the content on any of their merchandise sold herein. Notwithstanding this disclaimer, Free Speech Apparel, Inc. is proud to offer this platform.